Description
The firm of Perry and Co, formerly Parker and Perry stretches back to the 1756 and particularly to the supply of five chandeliers for the Assembly Rooms in Bath in 1771 by William Parker. These extravagant chandeliers established Parker as an entrepreneurial force, including the writing of patents for shaped glass candelabra bases for which the firm is perhaps most well known. Glass lighting was supplied to George IV for Carlton House and the Duke of Devonshire for Chatsworth among many other prestigious clients.
The design of the temple or rotunda bases can be attributed to Parker and Perry and near identical candelabra are illustrated in The English Glass Chandelier, Martin Mortimer, pl 53.
The firm became Parker and Co after 1835 and continued very successfully until 1935 using original drawings and presumably glass blanks and moulds. The quality of our pair of candelabra and the brass fittings indicate a date of around 1900 when the business was based in 17 & 19 Grafton Street, London.





























